Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Isabelle's Fairy Birthday Party

The Invitation~

The actual invitations were peppered with tons of glittery fairy dust.


Adorable little friends!
I made a flower headband for each girl, and we had wings for them to pick out.  As an activity, we made wands.  Wendell loved his blue boy fairy wings and was definitely too busy racing around to have time for a wand.

The Food~

Fruit Wands, Gnome Mushrooms (cherry tomatoes on string cheese with green coconut for grass),
and Fairy Bread.

Barbie Fairy Cake~

This was my first time making a Barbie cake.  I'm proud of myself!
Throwing these parties probably does me more good than anyone else.  It feels really good to think about and work on something other than tending kids, cooking and cleaning.  I am not ashamed to admit I used cake box mixes (it took THREE!),  but I did make my own frosting for the first time.  
When I was in college, my would-be sister-in-law, Brittney, made me a Barbie cake!  (I think we had gone to a Halloween party, the reason for my black outfit.)  Richard had me reenact the pose of my frisky college days.  (Ha ha.)

Loads of Enjoyment~

We colored fairy pictures, played a musical chairs variation, they ran around and just had fun.

My Baby!

She is growing up so fast!  Happy Birthday, my little Belle.



4 comments:

Moore Family said...

How Cute!! I loved the re-enactment of the photo from college. Everything was so thought out and creative!

Moore Family said...

P.S. I love the new family picture at the top of your blog!

the webb family said...

So cute :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY Isabelle! Love the cake, theme, and flower crowns... so much to love.

Charles Edwin Shipp said...

So great .!.